Connection to Crossan CableComm Terms and Conditions Rev.11
Cablecomm offer Broadband, TV and phone services in Longford and are a licensed telecoms operator, licensed by the Minister for Communications. In this contract Cablecomm strive to offer a first class service backed up with local support and a fair contract with no sneaky terms and conditions
1.Payments – Subscriptions are paid in advance by the method chosen by the customer when applying for the service. All subscription billing periods start on the first day of the month. Payment by direct debit is the cheapest and preferred method of payment.
- Currently Cablecomm create the direct debit request file to the bank for all customers on the 2nd day of each month with Direct Debit requested funds leaving the customer account at 1am in the morning on the 15th day of each month. If the 15th falls on a non-bank working day, funds will be requested on the next bank working day. In the future this payment date of the 15th may move to the 1st of the month and Cablecomm will advise customers in writing in advance of this change. While monthly direct debit payments leave customer accounts on the 15th of the month, these payments are for the start to the end of the month in which payment is taken.
- Customers should have funds in their bank account well in advance before the request date so as to allow time for the funds to clear and be ready for collection at 1am on the 15th. If the customer has insufficient funds in their bank account to meet a direct debit payments, CableComm incur a fee of €10, regrettably this €10 fee has to be passed on to the customer.
- All Cablecomm advertised packages include a €5 discount for paying by direct debit. Choosing to pay by Card or Cash incurs a €5 fee.
- Phone Service payments are by direct debit only. Residential phone bundle price includes local, national and UK landline calls only. Out of bundle calls such as mobile, premium calls and directory enquiries are in addition to your phone add on package price. (pricing available on – www.cablecomm.ie/telephone/call-rates)
2.Connection Fee – Terms shorter than 18 months incur a non-returnable connection fee of €45.00 before connection to the service. T&Cs apply. 18 month contract only available to homeowners.
3. Starting Date – This Agreement shall come into effect on the date on which the subscriber is connected to the service, and shall continue in force for the period of the agreement or until terminated in writing by the subscriber but only after the initial agreed minimum period has expired. At the end of your minimum term you don’t have to do anything, Cablecomm will automatically renew your contract for another term at the same low price. At initial sign up, part monthly payment will be taken so as to have all monthly renewals beginning on the 1st day of each month.
4. Cancellation – The customer has a 14 day cooling off period from the time they sign the contract. After this 14 days and on expiry of the initial minimum term, the subscriber may terminate this agreement on giving CableComm one month’s notice in writing. We aim to connect our customers in 4 working days, if you choose this speedy installation, you waive the right to the 14 day cooling off period. CableComm shall have a similar right. For the customer’s account to be fully closed, the customer’s Broadband modem must be returned to the Cablecomm office before the agreement can be terminated in full.
- For damaged or non-returned Broadband modems, CableComm will charge €130.
- Cablecomm understand that your situation may change and you may need to terminate your contract early. The following fair fee structure is as follows:
o Termination 0- 6 Months – Pay €45 (standard connection fee if not already paid) + 2 Months Subscription fee.
o Termination 7-12 Months – Pay €45 (standard connection fee if not already paid) + 1 Months Subscription fee.
o Termination 13-18 Months – Pay €45 (standard connection fee if not already paid).
5. Subscriptions – CableComm may vary the subscription on giving notice which can be advised in any one or all of the following, www.cablecomm.ie, by Email, Cablecomm information channel, by text message, in local paper or notice at CableComm office. The subscriber on expiry of the initial term may terminate this agreement, in accordance with Condition 3 if this variation of terms is not acceptable to customer. For customers in contract, Cablecomm commit that the price will not increase.
6. Default – If the subscriber fails to make a subscription payment due under the terms of this Agreement, CableComm may suspend the service at its absolute discretion. In the event of such suspension the subscriber may, at the discretion of CableComm, be reconnected upon payment of €45.00 (cable reconnection fee) and or €10 administrator fee for re-activating Broadband service, together with all arrears due.
7. Extra Equipment – CableComm shall supply the signal to a designated pre wired coaxial demarcation point at the premises, as agreed with the subscriber during installation. CableComm on instruction from the subscriber will distribute TV signals to additional points in the premise (max 3 TV points). If Cablecomm need to run a cable to the extra TV point, the typical charge is €45, if there is a cable in place the typical charge is €20. The engineer will clarify these costs at the time of installation.
CableComm property, the service and its associated equipment which Cablecomm do not charge customers for including the external house ETU wall box, internal wall outlet box, sub duct free issued at time of house construction, and broadband equipment (modem €130) located in the premises shall always remain the property of CableComm.
8. Interruption – CableComm have invested heavily in the reliability of their network. Should there be a fault Cablecomm will provide for prompt maintenance of the Service and associated equipment, but shall not be responsible for interruptions of the Service, or any losses incurred. Cablecomm offer a 24 hour contact service should you need assistance and can be contacted at all times on our main office / 24 hour number of 043 33 93 222.
9. Wayleave – Where Cablecomm network traverses from house to house, the subscriber undertakes that if they terminate this agreement with CableComm that they will continue to grant CableComm such wayleave to the exterior of the permission as shall be necessary to continue provision of the Service to neighbouring premises.
10. Channels – Over the past 10 years, Cablecomm have only increased the number of channels, and not the price. Cablecomm will always endeavour to keep the quantity and quality of the channels the same or better. TV channels provided by Cablecomm are subject to change as it’s not within the control of Cablecomm if certain channels cease to operate or transmit in the territory or refuse to provide channels to Cablecomm.
11. Fair Usage – CableComm operates a Broadband fair and equal usage policy for the good of all Cablecomm customers. Any abuses or actions illegal or inappropriate will result in immediate suspension of the service without notice. Cablecomm offer unlimited download (reasonable usage) on all of its packages except its Home Starter Package, which has a monthly download limit of 30Gb. Phone calls bundles are for Local, National & UK landline calls only (reasonable usage). All other calls charges (mobile, premium rate numbers and directory enquiries etc.) are extra.
12. Connection – Cablecomm strive to install all customers within 4 days, at a time that suits the customer with typical installation taking one hour. Occasionally installation may take longer due to cabling difficulties at your address or the previous customer. Our installation times are Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm. We will assign you a time and appreciate your patience allowing a window of 1 hour either side of assigned time. Our engineers will call you closer to the time of installation to arrange an exact time that suits you. Please note this call could come from a withheld number.
13. Broadband Speed – Cablecomm offers the fastest speed of any network. The speed we offer may exceed the capability of certain devices (Older devices on 2.4ghz WIFI may max out at 50Mb). For the best performance, it is recommended to connect non portable devices such as smart TVs, PCs and Games Consoles directly with the network Ethernet cable. 5ghz WIFI is superior to 2.4ghz and preferred to be used if your portable device supports it. Cablecomm can only guarantee your broadband speed when connected via the Ethernet cable from the modem to a Gigabit capable device that is capable of receiving the speed of the broadband package chosen.
Wireless is not a perfect technology and especially 2.4ghz WIFI can be susceptible to interference from items such as microwaves, baby monitors, video senders and your neighbours Wi-Fi router etc. Some older customer devices (phones, laptops etc.) may only support 2.4ghz.
Rev 11 Updated 10th June 2021