Cablecomm offer 100 Digital TV channels and 27 Radio Channels.
As of 1st October 2020, Cablecomm no longer transmit analogue TV pictures.
The following is a basic overview of tuning your Digital TV. Further more in depth information specific to tuning your TV can be got in your TV instruction manual or by looking up the tuning information online.
The following is the general process, but the options as they appear on your model of digital TV may not be in this order. In most cases you will need your original remote to tune your TV as most learner remotes do not have the menu button to get into the tuning menu. Please note if your TV is older than 2015 it may not have a digital tuner or a digital tuner that is Saorview compatible.
- In the digital tuning menu of your Digital TV select digital only. This is so you don’t end up repeating analogue channels in you tuned TV line up.
- When prompted for language, select your chosen language you want your menu presented in. In most cases this will be English.
- When prompted for Country, it is important that you select your country of operation as Ireland. This is important so as to have your channels starting on number 1 and not 800 and be able to use RTE Saorview digital teletext services if your Saorview compatible Digital TV supports this. To rectify you TV channels start at 800, you should reset your digital TV to factory default, bringing your digital TV back to the start of the tuning process allowing you the option to select Ireland as the country of operation.
- When prompted for tuning type, select “Antenna“, “Air” or “DVB-T” and Not “Cable” or “DVB-C”, as this will cause your Digital TV not to find any channels. Cablecomm only transmit in the more common Saorview / Antenna Digital format.
- Select full network Auto scan.
Please Note: If your digital TV tunes all the 100 Cablecomm digital channels and only gives you audio for RTE, TV3, Eir Sports HD among others, this is because your digital TV is not a MPEG-4 / Saorview compatible Digital TV. All newer TV’s from 2005 onwards will be Saorview / MPEG 4 compatible.
All channels are subject to change and may change from time to time due to change in carriage rights or channels broadcasters ceasing operation.