Connection to Crossan CableComm Terms and Conditions Rev.8
Cablecomm offer Broadband and TV services in Longford and are a licensed telecoms operator, licensed by the Minister for Communications. In this contract Cablecomm strive to offer a first class service backed up with local support and a fair contract with no sneaky terms and conditions.
- PAYMENTS – Subscription are paid in advance by the method chosen by the customer when applying for the service. All subscription billing periods start on the first day of the month.
- Currently Cablecomm create the direct debit request file to the bank for all customers on the 2nd day of each month with funds leaving the customer account at 1am in the morning on the 15th day of each month. If the 15th falls on a non-bank working day, funds will be requested on the next bank working day. In the future this payment date of the 15th may move to the 1st of the month and Cablecomm will advise customers in writing in advance of this change. While monthly direct debit payments leave customer accounts on the 15th of the month, these payments are for the start to the end of the month in which payment is taken.
- Customers should have funds in there bank account well in advance before the request date so as to allow time for the funds to clear and be ready for collection on the 15th. Where the customer has insufficient funds in their bank account to meet a direct debit payments, CableComm incur a fee of €10, regrettably this €10 fee has to be passed on to the
- Non Direct Debit payments incur extra charges on Cablecomm. If the customer changes from direct debit payment, the pricing will be €5 more than the cheaper direct debit pricing for the chosen package.
- CONNECTION FEE – There will be no connection charge for customers subscribing to an 18 month contract. Terms shorter than 18 months incur a non-returnable connection fee of €45.00 before connection to the service.
- STARTING DATE – This Agreement shall come into effect on the date on which the subscriber is connected to the service, and shall continue in force for the period of the agreement or until terminated in writing by the subscriber but only after the initial agreed minimum period has expired, or by CableComm in accordance with the previsions hereof.
- CANCELATION – The customer has a 14 day cooling off period from the time they sign the contract. After this 14 days and on expiry of the initial minimum term, the subscriber may terminate this agreement on giving CableComm one month’s notice in writing. CableComm shall have a similar right. For the customer’s account to be fully closed, the customer’s Broadband modem must be returned to the Cablecomm office before the agreement can be terminated in full. CableComm reserve the right to bill customers €130 for non-returned Broadband modems.
- SUBSCRIPTIONS – CableComm may vary the subscription on giving notice which can be advised in any one or all of the following, www.cablecomm.ie, by Email, by text message, in local paper or notice at CableComm office. The subscriber on expiry of the initial term may terminate this agreement, in accordance with Condition 3 if this variation of terms are not acceptable. For customers in contract, the price will not increase.
- DEFAULT – If the subscriber fails to make a subscription payment due under the terms of this Agreement, CableComm may disconnect the Service or block the broadband service at its absolute discretion. In the event of such disconnection the subscriber may, at the discretion of CableComm, be reconnected upon payment of €45.00 cable reconnection fee and or €10 administrator fee for activating Broadband service, together with all arrears due.
- EXTRA EQUIPMENT – CableComm shall supply the Service to a designated pre wired demarcation point at the premises, as agreed with the subscriber during installation. CableComm on instruction from the subscriber will distribute signals to additional points in the premise. If Cablecomm need to run a cable to the extra point, the typical charge is €45, if there is a cable in place the typical charge is €20. The engineer will clarify these costs at the time of installation.
CableComm property, the service and its associated equipment which Cablecomm do not charge customers for including the external house ETU wall box, internal wall outlet box, sub duct free issued at time of house construction, and broadband equipment located in the premises shall always remain the property of CableComm.
- INTERRUPTION – CableComm shall provide for prompt maintenance of the Service and associated equipment, but shall not be responsible for interruptions of the Service, or any losses incurred. Cablecomm offer a 24 hour contact service should you need assistance and can be contacted at all times on our main office / 24 hour number of 043 33 93 222.
- WAYLEAVE – Where Cablecomm network traverses from house to house, the subscriber undertakes that should they terminate this agreement with CableComm that they will continue to grant CableComm such wayleave to the exterior of the permission as shall be necessary to continue provision of the Service to neighbouring premises.
- CHANNELS – TV channel provided by Cablecomm may be subject to change. Cablecomm will always endeavour to keep the quantity and quality of the channels the same.
- FAIR USAGE – CableComm operates a fair and equal usage policy for the good of all Cablecomm customers. Any abuses or actions illegal or inappropriate will result in immediate suspension of the service without notice. Cablecomm offer unlimited download (reasonable usage) on all of its packages except its Home Starter Package, which has a monthly download limit of 20Gb.
- CONNECTION – Cablecomm strive to install all customers within 4 days, at a time that suits the customer with typical installation taking one hour. Occasionally installation may take longer due to cabling difficulties at your address or the previous customer. Our installation times are Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm. We will assign you a time and appreciate your patience allowing a window 30 min either side of assigned time. Our engineers will call you closer to the time of installation to arrange a time that suits you. Please note this call could come from a withheld number.
Rev 7 Updated 1st September 2016