Cablecomm offer both Digital and Analogue TV services.
The following is a basic overview of tuning your Digital TV. Further more in dept information specific to tuning your TV can be got in your TV instruction manual. The following is the process but the options as they appear on your TV may not be in this order. You will need your original remote to tune your TV as most learner remotes do not have the menu button to get into the tuning menu.
- In the digital tuning menu of your digital TV select digital only (this is so you don’t end up repeating analogue channels in you tuned TV line up and creating a scenario where you don’t know if you have for example Analogue or Digital RTE 1)
- When prompted for language, select English so as to have your TV tuning menu in English.
- When prompted for country, select your country of operation as Ireland and Not UK (this is important so as to have your channels starting on number 1 and not 800. This is also important so as to be able to use RTE digital teletext services if your TV supports this)
- When prompted for tuning type, select “Antenna“, “Air” or “DVB-T” and Not “Cable”or “DVB-C” (as this will cause your TV not to find any channels as CableComm only transmit in the more common Antenna digital format)
- Select full network auto scan.