If you are experiencing bad TV reception please check the following.
- Make sure all connections are of good quality and all connectors are tight.
- If you have any white plastic coaxial type TV splitters ? Please remove these and replace with F connector type metal splitters.
- Only good quality cable TV cable should be used and low quality brown coaxial TV cable which has bad screening should never be used. Avoid the use of pre-made aerial cables purchased in pound shops, which usually are of low quality and can lead to bad reception.
- If you have a VCR, make sure this is powered on as the Cable TV signal passing through the VCR needs power to the VCR to allow pass through. If you no longer require this VCR, we suggest bypass it and connecting the cable TV cable directly to your TV.
- Have you had any repair work in your home recently and have any of the TV cabling being damaged during this work ? Have you added any additional TV points recently and has the cabling and connectors deteriorated over time ? To make sure the job is done professionally, Cablecomm offer a subsidies service to connect up additional points and this allows us use high quality cabling and crimp on connectors that will offer you a better reception on all TV’s in your home.
- Sometimes your TV may go faulty causing the digital reception to break up. Try plugging another known working TV into the TV point to see are both TV’s experiencing the same bad reception problem.
- On the TV wall socket make sure that you are plugged into the TV output and not the FM output.